What is organic cotton?
Organic cotton is the ecological alternative to normal cotton, specifically its cultivation and processing as the textile certification provides for the exclusion of pesticides, fertilizers, herbicides and over 1000 toxic substances harmful to the environment and human health. There is no harmful waste in water and there is a rotation of agricultural land (the land contains a limited amount of nutrients but in the intensive cultivation of other tissues the land is exploited until the total depletion of these resources).Organic cotton growing is sustainable for the nature, but also ethical from a social point of view by protecting farmers' rights and avoiding exploitation, especially in eastern countries where this often happens.
Organic cotton growing is sustainable for the environment, but also ethical from a social point of view by protecting farmers' rights and avoiding exploitation, especially in eastern countries where this often happens.
Here are some advantages obtained from organic cotton:
- very soft
- We use dyeing processes with the patented “Waterzero “system to reduce water consumption by up to 60%
- Recycling and energy conservation
- Reduced carbon dioxide emissions
- Oeko-Tex Standard 100 and GOTS-V3.0 (Global Organic Textile Standard) certified water-based inks
- Completely free of heavy metals, formaldehyde and Alkylphenol Ethoxylates (APE) inks
- Non-hazardous, non-toxic and 100% biodegradable inks
- 100% recycled and recyclable paper and/or plastic packaging